Be it your refrigerator, microwave or washing machine, all these appliances help you out when it comes to cooking in the kitchen. Doing household chores also get easier with these appliances. However, eventually appliances will need a bit of maintenance. Preventative maintenance is important to ensure that your appliances are working more efficiently. Lack of maintenance can also cause the appliances to malfunction. Here are some of appliance tips and tricks that you can use for extending the lifeline of the appliances.
Appliance Tips And Tricks
The fridge, microwave, stove, oven and dishwasher are some of the most essential appliances when it comes to the kitchen. Here are some maintenances tips for your kitchen appliances.
Maintenance Tips for Freezer or Fridge
Some of the maintenance tips for your fridge or freezer are:
- Reposition it: The fridge can run more efficiently if the air flow behind it. You have to pull the fridge 1 or 2 inch away from the wall for improving the way it runs.
- Clean the Fridge: You have to wipe down the door gasket as well as vacuum the condenser coil of your fridge once in a while. This will help the fridge to run efficiently.
- You should use bins to keep the food organized in your fridge. You can also line the shelves with some wraps to keep the portion clean.
- Prevent buildup of ice: You can prevent the ice buildup in your freezer by putting a thin layer of cooking spray inside the freezer. Wipe it down and it will do its work.
Maintenance Tips for Microwave and Oven
- To clean the microwave, place vinegar in a microwave safe bowl or cup and then microwave in for 3 minutes. This will loosen the stains inside. Now, use a damp cloth to wipe it off.
- Oven: The oven can a complete mess from inside. Hence, you need to clean it regularly. The grease and dirt must be cleaned regularly.
- Clean the Hood: Besides the outer layer of the microwave, you have to clean the hood as well. The hood gets often dirty. You have to remove the hood and then clean it with soapy water.
Maintenance Tips for Additional Appliances
- Similar to the microwave, you can also clean your dishwasher using vinegar.
- If your garbage disposal isn’t running as efficiently as it used to be, you can put ice and lemon skin through the disposal to sharpen it.
- You can also run vinegar through your coffee machine to clean it, too. Use a mix of 50/50 vinegar and water. Be sure to run the coffee machine a couple times afterwards to ensure the vinegar is completely rinsed out.
So, these are some of the important appliance tips and tricks that you can use to ensure that your appliances are running properly. You need to make sure that you follow these steps on a regular basis. These simple steps can easily increase the lifespan of all these appliances.