Aluminum blinds not only add an aesthetic edge to your home, but also last a long time. They will make sure your privacy is not compromised as well as protecting your furniture from fading. Just like everything else, these blinds are not invincible against dirt. They will pick up dust and dirt. When this happens, you should find out how to clean aluminum blinds.
How to Clean Aluminum Blinds
In this post, you will learn how to keep your aluminum blinds clean all the seasons of the year. More specifically, you learn how to remove dust and wash away dirt from the blinds. Do you want your aluminum blinds looking like new? Keep reading if you’re looking to update different parts of your home or are looking to design a new floor plan.
Removing Dust on Aluminum Blinds
Dust has a way to penetrate every corner of your house. Shades are in the perfect positioning to collect dust from outside. There is nothing much you can do to prevent this, but you can deal with the dust as soon as it settles. Follow the tips below and dust your blinds will be the least of your worries.
- Use the small head of your vacuum to collect all the dust from the blinds. You should do this often to give no room to the dust to penetrate deep into the fabric.
- In cases where your blinds are horizontal, remove the dust from the top downwards. It is because the dust will fall off to the lower areas, and you clean it as you come to the bottom.
- Where your blinds are vertical installed, you should work on the dust from the left side to the right.
For your attention, these types of blinds may fall off from their perch when you clean if they are not installed correctly. It should not scare you.
How to Wash Your Blinds
Removing dust alone will not be enough. Other forms of dirt will find a spot to land on your blinds. It could be oil or any other stains from your household. You will have to wash your blinds to get off the dirt. Here is how you do the washing for the perfect results.
- Dedicate time to wash your blinds. You should do the washing not less than 3 times each year. If you have the time and resources to do it more time, go for it.
- You should use a mild detergent on your blinds. Three drops of your dishwashing soap and a bucket of warm water will do the job.
- Dip a microfiber cloth into the solution and gently rub it on the blind from one end to the next
- You may come across stubborn stains that will not go down easily. To deal with them, add a spoonful of baking soda to your solution of soap and warm water. Rub on the stains with the damp microfiber cloth. You should see the stains disappear.
Knowing how to clean aluminum blinds is a skillset that you should know to keep your home clean. Do not let your aluminum blinds be a letdown in your house. Keep them clean now that you know how to do it and continue to keep heat out of the home and in important rooms such as your bedroom. If you’re planning on selling your home quickly, it’s equally as important to keep your home clean.