For most people, the patio door is one of the most used doors in their house. It is used even more during the warmer months when you will want to enjoy a bit of quality time outside on your patio. Can you remember how many times you open and close that door to get something from your house though? Thus, choosing an ideal patio door is very important when you are replacing the old one or installing a brand new one. It has to be durable, aesthetically pleasing and functional. There are different types of patio doors available that can fit according to every homeowner needs. In this article, we will discuss the types of patio doors and materials used.
Different Types of Patio Doors
Some different types of patio doors include the sliding patio door, swinging doors and folding patio doors.
Types of Patio Doors
- Sliding patio door: Sliding patio doors are the most popular style for the patio door. This type of door is highly versatile in nature and is very easy to use. They are quite stylish as well as affordable. Sliding doors are easy to get in and out of the house easily.
- Swinging patio doors: This type of door is also known as French patio door. They are hinged like any other entry doors. These doors come in different styles, finishes, colors and decorate glass. Most of the time, the swinging doors come with full view glass panels that let the natural sunlight to enter into the house.
- Folding patio doors: This type of patio doors can make a great statement for your backyard. Generally, a folding patio door system is meant for wide spaces. This type of patio door can have 2 to 8 panels or even individual full glass doors that can easily be opened or closed.
Materials Used in Patio Doors
Patio doors are made up of different materials. Choosing the right material for your patio door is very important. This is important, especially if you’re looking to improve your home and want everything to look cohesive. Here are some of the important ones:
- Vinyl: It is the most popular material for the patio doors. It is durable, strong and energy efficient in nature. It can stand strong against both cold and warm climates. This will not peel, warp or fade.
- Wood: The real wood for patio doors looks aesthetically very beautiful but they are the most expensive ones. Also, it is quite hard to maintain especially in hot and humid regions.
- Aluminum/Steel: These two metals are quite durable and can be good options for your patio door. They are quite cost-effective in nature. The steel and aluminum doors can be treated to make it resistant to corrosion and rust and are easy to clean.
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass is a great material for your patio door. This material is very durable, resistant to weather and light in weight. The patio doors are made up of fiberglass and have a lot of similarities to that of the vinyl.
So, now you know about the different types of patio doors. You can choose the best type of the door and material according to your needs and preferences. The patio door is an important part of the house and you must make the best decision when it comes to choosing this aspect of your home. It is a lifelong investment and you need to make the right choice in terms of design, material and type of the patio door. Through time, you should also be sure to keep your patio door windows clean, which will require estimates every now and then.